Thursday, September 6, 2012

Updates, announcements, and other info!!

Hello There!

It has been way too long since my last update...uhhhh March 6th?  Yikes!  Let's just say I've been a little bit busy.  Which brings me to the point of this post...

A Couple of Sweet Things is booked thru January 1, 2013 and won't begin consultations for the 2013 spring/summer wedding season until {at least} January 2013.

The above statement may seem a little weird, so let me explain.  As you all know in October of 2011 I had a little baby girl...and well my life changed.  Before having Ashlynn I thought I would just "continue as normal" once she arrived.  I tried, believe me I tried, but it sucked.  Even with having the shop attached to the house, it was hard.   Waking up at 4am to make sugar flowers, baking during nap time and decorating after bedtime was exhausting.  As I continued this schedule through the wedding busy season, my passion for decorating became more of a chore...not the labor of love it once was. 

With all this being said, I have decided to take a bit of a sabbatical from cakes.  I'm not leaving forever, I just need to figure some things out.   

My plan is to take a few months off...no emails, no cell phone, no cakes (well I may practice a bit;))...but I need to do what it takes to find the love of designing and decorating that is lost. 

I'm sure there will be angered and frustrated people, but please know that I value and care for each and every one of my clients.  This decision is one I have been grappling with for months and it's the right thing for me...I mean it's just cake after all, right? 

xoxo
Jenny

**My "sabbatical" will not begin until every last order that is currently on the books is complete and fabulous!  No need to panic, I'm just not accepting new orders.  Booked orders will NOT be impacted.**

No comments: